Our skin feels practically invincible in our twenties, but as the decade turns signs of aging start popping out of nowhere.
Traces of faint lines creep in, our lips and cheeks are slightly less full than they were before, a little bit of laxity is settling in, and tiny sunspots are starting to make an unwelcome appearance.
Though skin care ought to be a priority throughout our life, these little signs of aging skin in our 30s give us even more reason to get serious about an anti-aging skincare regimen.
To help you navigate the process, we asked several experts to weigh in. Heed their advice!
How Your Skin Changes in Your 30s?
We touched on some of the common skincare changes you experience in your 30s, but let’s dive into the topic a little more.
You’re more likely to experience dark spots on the cheeks and temples of your face, spider veins, and duller skin as a result of a 30% drop in cell turnover.
Also, and this is a big one, collagen and elastin become weaker due to the slow turnover and sun damage.
“As we age, the number and the activity of collagen-producing skin cells (fibroblasts) decrease.
The collagen matrix that provides skin firmness and structure starts to break down,” says Dr. Kan Cao, a scientist and professor of cell biology and molecular genetics at the University of Maryland.
She’s also the founder of her own anti-aging creams and skincare line, Bluelene.
“Collagen fibers provide the infrastructure for elastin, which maintains skin elasticity, and for hyaluronic acid, which holds moisture.”
She says that collagen production diminishes starting at age 25 at a rate of 1.5% per year.
By the time we reach 40, production has slowed down by 10 to 20%. As a result, skin becomes dehydrated, thinner, and fine lines, wrinkles, and deep furrows start to appear.
Why Anti-Aging Skin Care Becomes Important?
As you can probably gather, the whole aging process really starts to expedite as we venture deeper into our 30s.
Fortunately, we can slow this process down by protecting our skin, nourishing our bodies from the inside out, and getting serious about an anti-aging skincare regimen.
“You need to make sure you’re on the correct target treatment products for either sun spots, fine lines, wrinkles, or another skin sensitivity.
How To Prevent Aging Skin In Your 30s?
Now that you know the basics, let’s do a little woodshedding on what habits you should adopt in order to prevent aging skin in your 30s
Sleep and Relax More:
- Dr. Schaffer says, “These key hormones are the human growth hormone, which helps to repair any damage that the skin was exposed to during the day; melatonin, a natural anti-oxidant that protects the skin from free radicals; and cortisol, which decreases when we sleep.”
- Also, adopt a good stress management routine and your skin will thank you. Look for what you resonate with yoga, tai-chi, meditation, singing, dancing, prayer, exercise, breathing techniques, etc.
- Enjoy the activity, so it becomes easy for you to stick with it.
Adopt a Healthier Diet:
- According to Dr. Nisha Jackson, a hormone expert and author of Brilliant Burnout, the diet is not only important for our weight and hormone and brain balance but also for protection from aging.
- A diet high in veggies — about 60% of your diet — with lean proteins, good fats, and seeds, will make your skin glow, trim your waistline, and keep your hormones in check.
Get Religious About SPF and Sun Care:
- In terms of external stressors that affect your skin, the sun ranks the highest. It’s imperative to protect yourself from UV rays by wearing sunscreen every single day.
- This is important even if you’re not spending much time outside and even if it’s winter.
- Along with daily SPF, you’ll also want to adopt the best skincare routine in order to prevent aging skin in the 30s.
- At the base of this routine is a cleanser, toner, and top rated anti-aging cream moisturizer.
- From there, you can incorporate a retinoid for nighttime use and an antioxidant for daytime use.
- There are also many benefits of using Serums in your skin-care Regime.
Adopt a High-Quality Anti-Aging Skincare Regimen:
You May Also Like – Dermelect Wrinkle Cream Reviews
Read Next – Benefits Of Using A Serum
Top rated Anti-Aging Products To Prevent Aging Skin In Your 30s
Here are the top anti-aging products in the market that help you prevent different signs of aging that start as early as the 30s.
PCA Skincare Retinol Treatment for Sensitive Skin, $110. Retinol speeds up cell turnover and boosts collagen. PCA Skincare’s formulation is formulated for sensitive skin types and those who are new to retinol.
Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum, $85. Vitamin C is one of the best antioxidants you can apply, and Sunday Riley’s C.E.O. packs a 15% concentration of one of the most stable forms of Vitamin C (THD).
- Anti Aging Cleanser
Peter Thomas Roth’s Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, $38. It contains a mixture of AHA and BHAs to exfoliate and clarify the skin, panthenol to nourish, and citrus extracts to brighten your complexion.
By implementing all these good habits now, you can delay the signs of aging in your 30s.
Que: How can I keep my skin younger at 30?
- Protect your skin from the sun every day.
- Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan.
- If you smoke, stop.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
Drink less alcohol.
- Exercise most days of the week.
- Cleanse your skin gently.
Que: Should you use anti-aging products in your 30’s?
Ans: Yes, it’s important to start using anti-aging products.
Que: Is zinc good for aging skin?
Ans: Yes, zinc is known to encourage the production of collagen fibers and elastin, which can firm skin and boost healing.